Sunday, December 04, 2005

The Wonderful, Inspiring World of Photoblogs


Inspiration has never been so easy to find. Type in photoblogs in any search engine and you will be rewarded with hundreds of photoblogs to view at your leisure. In the comfort of your own home and with your favorite beverage in hand..tea for me..a little to early in the day for Happy Hour..I can find inspiration with a click of the mouse.

I find with any new hobby, I want to see and read as much as possible. I tend to be a visual learner so looking at talented photographers pictures I learn the most. A friend of mine who has also recently taken up photography says she finds it depressing looking at all the incredibly talented photographers sites. I on the other hand find it exciting to think that with practice and passion that I will improve and be happier with the pictures I make. It is very much like riding horses. I would learn so much from watching the really talented riders. The ones that made it look easy. Knowing full well it took them years of hard work to get to where they are. I don't mind putting years in. It took me years of gardening and putting in gardens before I was happy with the final result. I look forward to the challenge and would like the thank all the talented photographers out there for the inspiration!!!

I have linked a few extremely talented photographers sites. I visit them often. Check them out! Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

Blogger captain birthday said...

your photos are beautiful! pictures of flowers have never been so haunting!

12:05 PM  
Blogger Susan Harris said...

Wow, especially "Daily Walks."
And BTW, after hearing from you about the hardware you use to take your great shots, I made a modest purchase of a Coolpix - for better resolution and to take much closer shots than the old Olympus I'd been using. Instead of going the interchangeable-lens route, to get super-wide angle shots I'll use a panoramic disposable camera once a year just to record my borders. Cheap and easy, and within my limits as a photographer. Thanks for the info. Susan

3:24 PM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Thanks for your kind words on my blog!

Yours pictures and your blog are a great inspiration to me. Thank you for sharing such a beauty with us!

5:54 PM  
Blogger WendyAs said...

I found watching talented riders inspiring initially. The dishartening part was the reality that no amount of hard was going to make me ride like them. I wish I was more talented. So I guess the real inspiration is enjoying the progress and enjoying the journey.

7:36 PM  
Blogger Lynne said...

I believe your photos has given me an unlimited view of what my garden or nature has to offer besides the wonder of growth and color. Texture is everywhere and it stands alone with its beauty.

5:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are some very inspiring photoblogs!

What type of camera equipment are you using for your photos? I love the macros.

6:31 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Thank you Smy!

Susan- I think you will love your new coolpix. Have fun with it!

Sonia-I love your pictures of trees from Brazil. It is so nice to see gardens from all over the world.

Wendy-You are a good rider. You and I are different in how high we set the bar for ourselves. I only really strive to please myself. Maybe because your father was a Olympic athelete, you go for the gold!

Connie-Thank you, you are very kind!

Lynne-I find beauty in simple things. It sounds like you do too.

Shannon-I love looking at photoblogs and there are lots more that I look at but didn't have time to link.

I have just recently bought a Nikon D70S and I use a 70-300mm nikkor lense with a nikon 5T attachment lense. I want to buy a Tammron 90mm macro lense in the future. I would prefer a Nikon 105mm micro but they are sooooo expensive! My want list is long!!!

I also use a f65 Nikon for shooting slides and such and a Sony cybershot for times when I don't want to lug around my camera bag and tripod. This is the camera that I encourage my seven year old to use. I love seeing the world through his eyes!

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home