Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Frosts that Kill

It got mighty cold last night. Minus 7 degrees celsius to be exact. Brrr...that's cold. When the tempature drops down that low I start to worry about some of my plants. My euphorbia'Tasmania Tiger' isn't looking so happy. I hope I mulched my gunnera deep enough too. I would be sad if I lost my 'Big Guy'. On the other hand though, besides the gunnera I really don't want plants that aren't going to be tough. I just don't have the time or energy to pamper plants. It would be nice to have a greenhouse though. I made a temporary one under the treehouse. Hopefully the plants in containers will survive the winter in there. Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Despite the killing frost, it is stunning when it sets upon the plants--your photos show that. Oh, that hydrangea photo--I envy that one, precious view of the hydrangea, love it. So will you be able to winter plants over outside? I don't know what zone you are? I have one windowbox set near the house, over the cellar window well & was surprised the plants were still going strong--must be the way they are near the house. Thanks for sharing your frost!

9:25 AM  
Blogger WendyAs said...

I guarentee no Tasmanian Tiger here has ever seen -7.

1:03 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

I have in the past Judith and hopefully will be able to again. It also is a 'cross your fingers' sort of thing. I really need a greenhouse. My want list is so long!!!

5:27 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

I was afraid of that Wendy!

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home