Monday, August 14, 2006

Life is Good

My boys went on a camping trip this past weekend to see some drag racing. I chose to stay home because of the heat. Standing in a dirt field beside a airstrip in 30c plus temps is not my idea of a good time. I love drag racing but under kinder conditions.

I headed down to see a photofest in the neighboring town. I wandered around with coffee in hand and browsed at photography all morning. Picked the brains of my favorites and learned a couple of things. Things like...gee I would love to buy a large format camera and have my own darkroom. That would be fun to learn! Another thing I learned was that I have been spoiled by exceptionally good photographers by looking at photoblogs. I then carried on and took my self and my Freeman Patterson/Andre Gallant book Photo Impressionism to lunch at a great liitle italian restaurant and dined on mussels and shrimp on lingini. Yummy.

After checking out an art show and visiting a long time friend, I headed home to putter in my garden. Finally getting around to pruning the boxwood hedges , I treated myself to my favorite wine. Then a dinner of steak with crumbled blue cheese and baked scallops in lemon butter and a good chick flick. Ahh, life is good:). Posted by Picasa

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I would say that you had a very fine day indeed...much better than standing in a dirt field in the heat. :-)

10:20 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Sounds like complete heaven. And I know what you mean, I want a large format camera, too!

11:58 AM  
Blogger Alice said...

Sounds like a perfect day.

If you start posting even better photos then the rest of us will have to hide in shame!!

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that sounds like a great day. You definitely made the right choice.

4:23 PM  
Blogger Tami said...

Hey! I want to come hang out with you! Sound like rest for the weary soul! I would LOVE to have a large format camera. I do have a medium format and have it packed away with the rest of my wonderful stuff, waiting for the move ( don't know what I was thinking!) Looking and learning from other photographers is a great way spend a day! And your meals...to die for!

5:09 PM  
Blogger micki said...

My smile just grew bigger as I read the details of your most awesome day!!

(I already have a medium format camera wish list going on at B&H Photo. Some day....)

2:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you sandy, i appreciate the comment and for dropping by my page. I shall be adding a link to your site on mine. =D

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My kids are out of town this week too. It is so nice to have a little peace and quiet, eh?

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great day you describe. I am very curious about the Diana camera--have been thinking about that one myself. Days on your own can get the imagination and energy moving along. Lunch must have been exceptionally delicious!

6:41 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Judith-Lunch was very yummy! I am running the first roll of color film through the Diana. I'll let you know how it turns out. I was happy with my first roll of color out of the Holga, but my b/w was a complete failure. Must try again

7:41 AM  
Blogger WendyAs said...

Sounds like a perfect day!

3:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That sounds like a grand day ... except for the chick flick. ;-)

3:04 PM  
Blogger Kerri said...

You really know how to live Sandy!!! Sounds like an exceptional day, and oh, that food! If you'd taken pictures of it we could've really drooled :) Love those tomatoes!

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home