Tuesday, November 01, 2005

November already!

I can't believe it is already November! Time just flys by now it seems. I thought I would have all this spare time once my child went to school full-time. Ha! I've never been busier. We did have a nice weekend though. Lots of family time. We even managed to fit in skating. I am a horrible skater but I went out never the less. It was good for a laugh and my son and his buddies had a great time.

Saturday we bought some lobster and crab to have with a bottle of sparkling cranberry wine our neighbors had given us. It was from a local winery and was quite yummy. We also had grapes,mangos, a fresh baquette and some tapenade. We lit the fireplace (which is in our dining area,lit some candles and had all the makings of a great dinner.


So Halloween has come and gone. Now to get rid of all that tempting candy. I am trying to be strong and not dip my hand into the bowl but I've failed miserably today. I'm going to pack up the extras and give them to my neighbors. Their teenage son is a garbage can and will love them.

I really feel like a afternoon nap today but I think I'll strap on my runners and go for a short run instead. Hopefully that will wake me up. I am so tired after work today. Raking leaves is wearing thin and my shoulder is killing me. Today I concentrated on getting all the leaves and cedar debris out of some of the beds. I feel like I am ahead with the gardens this year. My goal is to have them all tidied by Christmas. I say this every year and never do.

My eyes are getting heavy....I better get my running gear on or it's not going to happen.

6 Comments:

Blogger jac said...

Run with your eyes open and have fun with your eyes closed.

2:58 AM  
Blogger Boxwood Cottage said...

Sandy are you getting Spam comments too now? I just ask because I saw that you have deleted a few comments.

Yep I cant believe it's already November too. I should be as brave like you are and start doing some kind of sports again. *rolleyes*

5:34 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

The best thing about running or anything for that matter is that you feel some much better when you are done.

7:36 AM  
Blogger Alice said...

Sandy - I've been trying to think of ways that you could pick up the maple leaves without having to rake them, as it's certainly not doing your shoulder any good.

Seems like there's rain far too often for them to dry out so that you can mow them up and a leaf vacuum is totally out of the question. I really can't think of anything else other than raking them into smaller heaps, thus eliminating a lot of raking, and then putting them in containers, eg. bags, buckets, barrows, or whatever you use. When we go out collecting leaves in the autumn I find that making smaller heaps is less tiring - try standing in one spot and raking everything you can reach into a heap at your feet.

2:09 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Trust me Alice I've tried it all. What I think I really have to do is break up my chores more. Instead of raking leaves all day, I now do a little pruning, tiding the beds,planting bulbs etc. That way it gives me a bit of a break from constant raking.

I have a club cart that I use for all my leaves and other debris. It is very handy. It lifts up and dumps too. Today I just concentrated on cleaning up some of the beds and then did a little raking at the end of the day. A couple of asprin and a hot bath and I feel not to bad! What a cold rainy day though...brrr.

4:57 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home