Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Dissing Plants!

I've been reading a few blogs tonight on what plants some gardener hate. It got me thinking about what plants I don't like. To be perfectly honest, I had to think awhile. There are few plants that I've met and didn't like. Hence the overplanted garden.

To me, I might not like a plant because I've had it in the past and it didn't perform well or it has hot colors that just don't go with my color scheme. Though I am starting to like orange and hot pink together. Not for my yard but I've seen it in others and it looks great.

People asked my opinions on plants all the time. Alot of time it comes down to personal preference. If you only have so much garden area then you are going to want plants that give you the biggest bang for your buck. (I have mentioned that I'm cheap right?). Good foliage, long bloom etc.

So back to the plant hate list. We can't all like they same plants because it would make gardening very boring. Same as how we decorate our homes. Thats what makes us unique. Another thing.....these comments are not meant to offend or insult anyone. It's just the way I see it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

Sandy, it's hard to think of plants that I don't like, mainly because if I don't like them then I don't think about them at all. Does that make sense? As a group I'm not fond of Cacti, although I've seen individual ones that I quite liked.

5:54 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

It makes alot of sense Alice. My tastes change too. I never used to like pieris. Now I realize common plants have thier place in the garden. I went though a 'only new and exotic' stage for awhile and had some serious disappointments. LOL!

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home