Sunday, August 07, 2005

A little bragging

I live in a great place. The other night my friend and I went for a two and a half hour kayak ride in the ocean. We then went into the estuary and saw wild flowers and lots of different birds. The tide was high so we paddled up a little stream that led to the river. There we saw fish being caught, seals playing and great blue herons sitting on the rocks. We then headed back to the ocean and saw two large cruise ships pass by at sunset. The next day my family went for a hike on the Canyon View trail. A lovely place with great views of the river, massive trees, ferns and the canyon. All this just minutes from our house with very little traffic. No wonder tourists flock here every summer! Life is good!

5 Comments:

Blogger Diana LaMarre said...

Sounds like paradise--where are the pictures????

5:57 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

I'm too chicken to bring my camera near the water. Next time I will bring my point and shoot digital around my neck. My friend brought hers and she said she got some good shots.

8:33 AM  
Blogger Susan Harris said...

A little bragging can be a good thing, especially if it's about the gorgeous natural environment you live in. Don't ya think it says something about people, the choice they make about where to live? For example, I broke off a relationship rather than move to New York City - people like us would die there!

4:51 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

I can't imagine living in New York City. I'm definetly a country mouse.

5:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home