Thursday, July 06, 2006

Finally.....Summertime.

In July and August, gardening slows down for me. Ever since I let my need for perfection go, I no longer race around in the heat making sure everything is in order. Chores still get done but more slowly now. It is a much more relaxing way to garden.

I am taking the summer off work and plan to spend more time with my son at the beach. I am going to read more and get my house organized. We have a bunch of small trips planned and a garden pergola project to do.

I am patiently waiting for my holga and lensbaby to arrive in the mail. I thought they would be something fun to play with this summer. I will be posting sporadically and checking my favorite blogs when I get the chance. I hope everyone has a great summer! Or winter for you folks on the otherside. Posted by Picasa

14 Comments:

Blogger Naturegirl said...

Sandy good to hear that you are taking time out to enjoy your blessings..your garden particulary.I can see you drenched in sunprotection feet up sipping a spirit and enjoying that heavenly beach scenery you have all around you!

3:05 PM  
Blogger One Crabapple said...

Wow

I came by way of Carol's garden

Your photos are beautiful.

Such soft feelings I get from them.

Truly a treat to visit here.

p.s. I am a Sandy too.

4:23 PM  
Blogger micki said...

Do enjoy, Sandy!! Make it a wonderful summer.

3:23 AM  
Blogger Dave MacIntyre said...

Enjoy your time in the sun with family...no vacation for me until later in August when I hit the wilderness.

5:29 AM  
Blogger Angela Pratt said...

Gorgeous photos.

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great holiday! Looking back, I realize the summers spent with my daughter went too quickly.

Be sure to take lots of photos!

4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What bliss--the opportunity to grab summer and run with it. Enjoy and don't forget your camera. hugs!--Judith G

4:38 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

Hi Sandy!

Thanks for visiting my site. Keep taking your great photos. Now that the heatwave has broken, maybe we can enjoy some moderate sunshine, eh?

11:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still hope you post some photos once in the while-a nice beach sunset perhaps?
I'm with you, I just can't go overboard in the heat with gardening and the insects nipping at my heels. Relax and enjoy!

8:12 AM  
Blogger Dianne said...

That was me up there-see my brain is too relaxed. : )
I want a pergoda too!

8:13 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

This looks great in B & W!!

9:31 PM  
Blogger Gene Wilburn said...

It looks lovely in B&W. Beautiful! Enjoy the summer, and the Holga too!

4:47 AM  
Blogger Sylvana said...

It is nice to have time off to enjoy your family. Most people don't make that a priority which is very sad. Have lots of fun and don't forget the sunscreen!

8:38 AM  
Blogger Diana LaMarre said...

Sandy,
I hope you enjoy your summer off.

Don't forget the sunblock while you are at the beach!

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home