Saturday, February 18, 2006

Chilly Mornings

The mornings have been quite chilly here. Minus 8 the last couple of days. I am not complaining however. I know alot of you out there get alot colder weather. I actually love this kind of weather. Not good for gardening but great for runs and long walks. We have had so much rain this winter it is nice to have the sun back cold or not.

I am a little worried about a few of my plants. My gunnera in paticular. I never really pampered it as much as I should have. I am pretty impressed with my Euphorbia'Tasmania Tiger'. I thought for sure it wouldn't be hardy enough. It seems to be hanging in there quite well.

The rain is back on Tuesday so I am going to enjoy this weather this weekend. I'm off for a long walk.
 Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Diana LaMarre said...

Oh, I hope the big guy isn't sick! I love that plant.

1:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sandy,

You grow gunnera in those kinds of temps??? I am so excited, everything I have read on it has indicated that it was cold and dry heat sensitive. I have been itching to grow it, I think the huge leaves are incredible.

Thanks for the info, hope yours recovers.

Tami

6:47 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Zoey-I love him too. I hope he is okay!

Tami-I'll keep you posted on his hardiness! I'll be really bummed if I lose him.

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home