Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Lazy Bones

The weather was nice so I finally dragged my lazy bones to work today. I'm usually a keener to start after the holidays but this year I just couldn't get excited about it. I'm blaming it on the weather. It has rained for the last 23 days and we are close to breaking a rain record. It hasn't rained this much since the early fifty's. No wonder I've been feeling blah lately. Most winters don't bother me but this one has me dreaming of those nice beaches in Tasmania. Of course it doesn't help when my buddy (Wendy's adventure, link to the right),post beautiful beach pictures. Mind you...that poor baby whale didn't fair too well with those great white sharks.

With that said, it was a lovely day and it felt good to work in the garden. The helebores are up six inches and some are in bloom. One hydrangea has several late blooms on it. That is a first! Mostly though I just raked up thousand of little branches from the wild wind storms we have been having. All in all the fresh air was great and the view is always beautiful! (The resort I work for is on the ocean).

7 Comments:

Blogger Dianne said...

I could have cleaned my yard too, but I am still putting away holiday stuff and feeling yucky. We've had a lot of rain, but not Noah's ark weather like you poor folk.

9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to get out and work in the garden too...I'm so ready for Spring to get here.

But of course with our crazy weather here my Hibiscus are *still* blooming!

6:23 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Dianne-I took my tree down on the 27th. I couldn't wait to get on with the new year! I never worked in my own garden, just my job's gardens.

Shannon-What is a typical winter for you?

7:53 AM  
Blogger WendyAs said...

Thanks for the plug Sandy. I miss those cold clear days of winter sometimes. Wish you could come down.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

I wish I could too Wendy. Too bad it is so expensive to fly down there.

1:40 PM  
Blogger Alice said...

You must feel like you've recovered from a long illness, Sandy. I would hate to be deprived of the garden for that length of time, although sometimes I wouldn't mind 23 days of rain.

8:12 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

I have to admit Alice is usually isn't a long as it has been this time. We are on day 26 of rain. Everything is extremely wet and unpleasant. Flooding is begining in some areas. Even lakes are starting to flood. Crazy!

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home