Monday, December 26, 2005

Blueberry waffles,Boxing Day and Bitchy Mother Nature


It's is hard to forget that a year ago today, Mother Nature took over 300,000 lives in the largest natural disaster in my lifetime. The tsunami in Asia had a profound effect on me and made me look at the ocean in a totally different way.

So as we sit for a lovely Boxing Day breakfast of whole wheat blueberry waffles, I can't help but think of the victims and feel blessed that I am sitting here with my family.
 Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

Remembering the Tsunami certainly puts any trivial complaints we may have into persepective, doesn't it.

I don't know how people ever recover from tragedy like that, especially when they have lost numerous family members, as also occurred in New Orleans and Pakistan.

Yes, we do have a great deal to be thankful for.

12:38 PM  
Blogger WendyAs said...

We have been thinking about that too. Amazing the tragedy and its unpredictability. Live life today, who knows what tomarro could bring.

12:24 AM  
Blogger Boxwood Cottage said...

Hmmm yummy! Yes your are right, we are blessed indeed and I have a strange feeling towards the ocean as well since the Tsunami. It's like a time bomb!

1:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

May they all know true peace.

6:34 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Last night before I went to sleep we were watching a program about it. Big mistake. It took me forever to fall asleep and then it woke me up early with images of it. I should really know better!

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home