Sunday, November 06, 2005

On Falling down...


As an adult, falling down is something that I imagine happens not very often. Think about it. When was the last time you fell down? For me it was today. I couldn't believe it! This just happened to me about a month ago at work. Same sort of thing...my left ankle gave out on something and down I went.

It was a nice day and our child went swimming with some friends. It has rained so much lately that my husband and I wanted to get out and go for a long walk. We choose to do a trail walk which in hindsight was alot colder than walking along the water. Anyways, like my usual spasdic self, I'm looking here and there for an interesting picture to take. So strolling along with hands in pockets, camera bag on my back, I am down in the mud and up again so fast that my hubbie couldn't believe it. I was so worried about my camera getting wrecked in the mud. Needless to say it was very embarrassing because another couple were about 100 feet behind us. Happy to report my camera is fine!!

10 Comments:

Blogger jac said...

It would have been memorable to you, if you have asked your hubby to take a picture of you with the mud all over, atleast for keeps sake.
LOL

8:04 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Wilson said...

I'm so glad I have friends like you. I need someone else who does spazy things, to make me feel normal.

9:49 PM  
Blogger Dianne said...

Sorry you fell down! Does your ankle hurt at all? Maybe you should wear some tie up shoes to give you ankle support. I remember this happening to me when I was a salelady at a store in the mall (being on my feet a lot).
And I have fallen down twice in the last few years-on ice, flat on my behind. Ouch!

9:57 PM  
Blogger Boxwood Cottage said...

Oh my Sandy,
I know what you're talking about, unfortunately that happens to me too from time to time, preferably when I dont think it could happen again at all, than suddenly I do a wrong step or something and bang I twist my ankle and fall down (extremely embarrassing indeed). It is because I have very bendable joints (hope that is the right word). That is very good at Yoga, but not when you twist your ankle. It always get's very swollen and hurts.I hope your's is alright! Oh and good that ur camera isn't hurt!

4:58 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

I should have wore hiking boots like my hubbie saie. I'm suprised he didn't say "I told you so". It is so rare that he is right. LOL.

7:29 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Wilson said...

Okay, now I feel like a tool. Everyone is concerned if you hurt yourself, and all I care about is that you make ME feel normal. Oh ya' are you okay?

7:28 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Yes thank you Mrs.Wilson. I was only on the ground for a half a second. Are you available for sushi tomorrow? I still owe you a birthday lunch.

9:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It goes to show you can never trust an ankle--I know as it happens to me. I usually forget why I am hurting too, later on. Taking pictures can be dangerous, it is true. It sounds like a great walk despite the falling down! Good pictures.

6:17 AM  
Blogger WendyAs said...

Ohhhh! You might be getting old. Time to break out the walker. It won't be long before you need to install a rail in your shower.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

I think that is what it is Wendy. I just went to do laundry and I had a really hard time unscrewing the cap on the new laundry soap. How sad is that? My hips are starting to ache when I run too. Wahhhhhh....

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home