Tuesday, October 25, 2005

What to "Be"?

I was never one of those people who knew what they wanted to be when they grew up. Though I always have admired people who did. I pondered many things, but in the end I have been content to be a good wife and mother. I have a wonderful life. I love my family, I have a job that I enjoy and it affords me the freedom to be a mother first and creative at the same time. I love to garden and it is satisfying seeing it grow into the place I had envisioned.

Some wouldn't be content with this I suppose. Some people seek success. But what is success? Fame and fortune? I have never been a seeker of a spotlight. When I rode horses I never entered a show. My garden has never been on a garden tour. I do things because of passion. Obsession maybe? Or is obsession and passion one in the same?

At the end of the day I think I am successful at being"Be". That's what I am now that I am grown up.

10 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

It sounds to me like you have definitely achieved personal success for you. It's an interesting question - "What is success?" I will have to give some thought to that question.

12:58 AM  
Blogger Boxwood Cottage said...

For me succes is when I lead a happy and content life and do the things I do with passion, like you said you do, and beeing able to enjoy life is important. In my eyes, if the way you live is satisfying for you, you have succeeded!

3:31 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

I agree with your definition Carol. Success does mean different things to different people.

7:29 AM  
Blogger Dianne said...

I think success is enjoying what you have chose to do with your life-as simple as that.
At one time I wanted to be a early childhood teacher, but after spending time in a classroom when my son was little I decided it wasn't for me.
I stay home, did a little selling on eBay. Now if Martha Stewart needed a replacement....LOL

11:31 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Hi Tami
I garden for work and I still enjoy it as a hobby but I might not if I worked fulltime. I guess if it is under your own terms and doesn't cause alot of stress it could work.

1:32 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Hi Dianne, maybe you should try to get on her apprentice show. It would be cool to work for Martha!

1:34 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Good for you Tami. It is nice to be in a job that you enjoy!

3:35 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Wilson said...

I've been out of the blogging world too long. You are very philosophical today. I think you are very successful. Money isn't everything when you don't have inner peace and contentment. What more could you ask for, health, happiness and a great family that loves you unconditionally.

9:17 AM  
Blogger Sylvana said...

If you feel fulfilled they that is all that matters.

11:20 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

I agree Sylvana.

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home