Saturday, August 20, 2005

Blogging Burnout?

Nah! I love blogging but I admit I have been slacking off lately. The only thing I want to do garden wise right now is rip apart my rockwall garden and start again. The weather has finally cooled today but it has been so hot and dry that there is no way I can attempt that undertaking for awhile.

I just purchased Chelone lyonii and Salvia guaranitica'Black and Blue'. Has anyone tried that variety of Salvia before? The hummers are suppost to like it.

Another thing that is bugging me is my weeping Katsura tree. I paid alot of money for it(my husband picked it out)and it just isn't working for me. Anyone looking for one?

5 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Wilson said...

Moi!!!

3:52 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Great!

8:23 PM  
Blogger Diana LaMarre said...

Sandy, I have Black and Blue salvia planted in a container. Are you planting it as a perennial? If so, what zone are you in?
Yes, the hummers just LOVE it. I, on the other hand, have not yet fallen head over heels for it. The blue/black colors are beautiful, but I would like a bit more flower in porportion to the greenery. Mine are about two feet tall, but I understand they can get double that size.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Hi Zoey,I live in zone 6-7. It says to zone 6. I don't get too worried if things like this don't make it. I don't like to pamper plants to much. I have my favorites I will put some extra effort in like my gunnera. For the most part they have to be tough or they get the boot.

1:26 PM  
Blogger Diana LaMarre said...

Sandy, I did not realize you were in zone 6. I was thinking you were in 4 or 5... silly me.

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home