Monday, January 15, 2007

Life gets busy


I know I've said it before, but I love January. I seem to step away from the computer in the first month of the year with the desire to get out and try something new.
Last week our horrible weather gave us a break from the relentless wind and rain. The sun came out and the mercury dipped to a chilly temp of around -5c. I actually love it when it is like this. Anything is better than the constant grey wet gloom we have been getting since the beginning of November.
My husband and I headed for the hills last week for a wonderful afternoon on snowshoes. The views were breathtaking at our local ski hill. It was so nice that the next day we let our son skip school and went snowboarding/skiing. This week I think we might give cross country skiing a try. I love being outside and it feels so good to be in the fresh winter air.
Hockey has been a time consuming sport this winter. I had no idea how much I was going to enjoy being a hockey mom. My son's team won their tournament last weekend and it was so much fun to watch. A lot of nailbiting excitement!
I have been taking a break from my digital camera lately and shooting more film. Hence the infrequent postings. There is just something about film that I love. It feels good to slow down and really think about my shots.
As for taking time to do this puzzle.....I tried, really I did.

8 Comments:

Blogger micki said...

Sounds like a wonderful month, you really made the best of a month many of us dread.

When the pieces of the puzzle start to get too dusty, it's time to pack it up and put it away for later.

*Keep shootin' all that film.

4:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that made a really nice shot!
You last few weeks sound like fun, and I don't think it hurts to miss a day of school at all.
I like the variety of photos you post, they are interesting!

1:44 PM  
Blogger Cool Daddio said...

I didn't get lost this time. This shot should be part of a series all the way to completion :-)
I'm a 'dance dad' so I can relate to time consuming!
Keep having fun! Go film, yeah.

3:46 PM  
Blogger Ki said...

You'll love cross country skiing. Everything is so quiet and peaceful when skiing through parks or woods when no one else is there. Take your camera there may be great photo ops too.

Digital is quick and cheap. Shoot 100 shots of the same thing and keep the best. Film is not cheap and doesn't lend itself to the multiple shot mentality untalented or hurried people like me have to resort to. It's great that you do contemplate your shot and the results show it.

10:10 AM  
Blogger Kerri said...

I haven't minded this January...mostly because we hadn't really experienced any really cold weather until lately. The past couple of days have been frigid, and now I'm remembering that I don't like very cold weather! Glad you're doing some fun things and enjoying the snow. It sure looks pretty anyway and should give you some good photo ops!
Great picture! Puzzles are fun :)

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's funny. Quite a few bloggers seem to be slowing down and shooting film, I have 4 rolls ready to develop. All B&W, of course. I can't wait to see the results! There's something special about having to wait.

It sounds like you had a grand old time. Way to go! BTW, basketball dad's loose their whole week to practice and games. Sigh ... :-O

5:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, hope you don't mind dropping by here; just wanted to invite you to consider blogging your fabulous photos at a brand new blog called wofoblog. It's open to anyone, and is set up to be a central place for bloggers from different places around the world. Of course feel free to drop by and have a look, but I do hope you would enjoy the new experience. It's a bit of fun as well.

Best wishes, wofoblog.

4:20 PM  
Blogger WendyAs said...

Hockey Mom! From the girl who didn't do team sports. I bet the skiing was fun! It all sounds so Canadian. I miss it all except the grey and wet.

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home