Tuesday, October 03, 2006

A Prayer for Little Girls

I have never been a religious person. Spiritual yes, but never belonged to a organized religion. There are certain times though when a person has to pray. Today I am praying for the families and the community of Nickel Mines, Pennsylvania.

Everyday the news bombards us with tragic news. I believe we all get desensitized by the constant negative stories and images. This story reduced me to tears and that hasn't happened since 911. So today I'm praying for those little girls.

8 Comments:

Blogger Dave MacIntyre said...

A very tragic and heartbreaking event indeed.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Yes.

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The senseless taking of those young lives brings deep sadness and, although few of us may carry the Beliefs of that community, we do share the human heartache.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Thank you for this post, Sandy. Me, too.

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was tragic in ways words cannot describe. I can only imagine that this will drive their community into further isolation.

2:46 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Francesca what happened to your blog? I can't find it anymore.

5:49 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Sorry. I should have left a clarifying note to folks before closing it: I'm at flickr now: FrancescaEliot (one word). A great international community. I think you and your fabulous pics would have a great time there.

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, still can't wrap my mind around this. If there is a God, he's doing right by those girls now.

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home