Sunday, April 09, 2006

Busy in the Garden

Finally a day to putter in my garden. When I do get the chance, I enjoy it immensely.

I have been forcing myself to get up early to get lots accomplished each day. Yesterday I was out early trying to get some decent sunrise shots. Not! Today I was up and in the garden. A quick trip to a few nurseries gave me plenty of extra things to do. I bought three new peonies and a couple Globe thistles. To plant those I had to move around about thirty plants. Nothing can be easy!

I also worked on a couple of areas that never seem to look right. Hopefully that has changed. It always takes me a couple tries before I like a garden.

I also have good news to report. My gunnera survived the winter. Thank goodness. I was pretty worried about the Big Guy and next fall will take more time to prepare him for the winter months. I would have missed him. I still have lots to do but got lots done today. It was perfect gardening weather:). Posted by Picasa

9 Comments:

Blogger micki said...

Absolutely fantastic photos! So beautiful everything is. I'm glad you had a productive day digging in your garden. Looks like we'll have a lot to admire coming from you over the next few month.

2:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful shots! I lived in Salem for awhile, and do miss the mild weather on the pacific northwest coast. You have so much already in bloom.

Glad to hear that someone else moves their plants around the garden like I do.

3:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy to hear your Big Guy, gunnera survived winter. How great your nurseries are open & you can buy plants--I continue to wait for that day! Your photos are exquisite! Garden looks beautiful.

6:25 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Micki-We will all be sick of flower shots by the end of September.
Sandy-I am a crazy obsessed gardener. I was dividing primula that were in full bloom too. Naughty gardener!
Judith-Your nurseries are open! Ours are open all year. How sad for you. When do they usually open?

6:47 AM  
Blogger Kerri said...

I'm happy that your rain has finally given way to sunshine and that you got some work done in the garden. So did I, yesterday. It's wonderful to be outside working in the garden again after all those months of cold!
Absolutely love all your photos!

11:18 AM  
Blogger Naturegirl said...

Sandy glad I visited your blog.You and I seem to have the same "passion" in gardening! We could do some serious damage shopping in the nurseries together! Nice photos of flowers! Looking forward to my next visit.

4:39 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Good deal!

7:48 PM  
Blogger Dianne said...

Thanks for the inspiration! I'm glad your gunnera survived. Looks like the wind did some damage to a few of my old lilacs.

8:27 PM  
Blogger WendyAs said...

Glad it survived. It's great in that corner.

2:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home