Saturday, January 28, 2006

Portrait Practice

Last month a few friends and fellow keener learners decided to start a photography club. A prerequisite for joining was a love for sushi as our meetings will be held at our favorite Japanese restaurant.

Each month we have an assignment to work on. The first one being portraits. We have to bring in three portraits to the meeting where they will be critiqued over sake and sushi.

The following pictures are some ideas I was playing with. A little creepy but fun none the less. My husband, neighbor and child humoured me and played along with my idea. My poor child was being a good sport for having a fever and feeling really quite crappy! What a guy!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sandy,

Sounds like fun, I loved both the projects and the critiques when I was taking photo classes, I have thought about starting a photo club but haven't done it yet. Maybe you will inspire me enough to get me moving. Interesting take on portrait work (grin).

Tami

10:33 PM  
Blogger WendyAs said...

Who is in the club????

1:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good idea... but I hope you do the critiques prior to the sake!

8:00 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Wendy-I don't know if you know these ladies. Two are school mom's and one works at the Willows.

Rock-I was thinking the same thing. The critiques won't be too brutal. We are doing it for the fun of it.

8:30 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Tami-Us gals will do anything for a night out that includes good food and good company! We all don't get out much so we are looking forward to it.

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Photo club! What a marvelous idea. A great way to learn & encourage each other.

5:14 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Judith-Thats what I thought! We have a great bunch of creative women that love to learn new things.

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home