Monday, January 02, 2006

Finally...A Sunny Day


After days of wind and rain it was so nice to wake up to a sunny day. While out for my run, fellow runners and walkers all had happy faces on. A nice change from the dreary grey.

I actually got to work in the garden to day. It has been so long I forgot how much I love to garden. I finally got around to cutting back the grasses and some perennials that I had left in the fall. I still have to get out and cut back the hellebores. I can't believe how many seedling there are!
It won't be long before they will start to bloom. I love hellebore season. I'm still on the hunt for a yellow and a double of any color. All in all a great day! Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

Blogger WendyAs said...

Well done on the running. It sure feels good once your fit. I am addicted.

I clearly remember that sun peaking out every now and again. It really did cheer everyone on through the grey season.

1:54 AM  
Blogger Boxwood Cottage said...

Oh it looks almost like summer in your garden on that pic! I love helleborus too in every color. I've planted a pair in my new little garden last fall, hopefully they are going to bloom! It's always dark now when I come home from work, but I have to go and look out for my snowdrops on the weekend, they are supposed to bloom soon as well!

2:05 AM  
Blogger Susan Harris said...

thank you, thank you for sharing this scene with us - very evocative and enjoyable. And the nongardening photos - totally cool! Susan

6:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Getting to work in the garden in January must be a real treat for you. It's been wet, dreary and gray here in Columbus for several days.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

I was really hoping to get out there today too. Not a chance!

5:34 PM  
Blogger Val said...

What a lovely grass that is - chair is in the right spot for viewing and appreciating. Grasses seem to be all the rage, especially here in southeastern Australia where there's been a long drought. The grasses can usually stand up to that harshness.

We have hellebores too - great for gardens that get a lot of shade from a mature (40 year old) elm tree.

2:40 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Hello Val and welcome to My Garden.

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home