Friday, October 21, 2005

Miss Mucking about


The other day I walked past a tack store and could smell the delicious scent of new leather and other horsey smells. I couldn't resist, I had to go in. I just love tack stores. All those new saddles, bridles and shiny black riding boots. The leather seat jodpurs and the crisp clean saddle pads.

I have been thinking about riding alot lately. Ever since I went to Mike and Lorna's and saw their new fillly. I used to love riding on nice fall days. I loved doing my chores and cleaning my tack. Unfortunately my reality just doesn't include a horse right now. Even if I could find a decent half lease I wouldn't have the time. Work and other things always get in the way!! I really need to win the lottery. Ahhh to own a waterfront farm with an indoor arena, with a live in nanny/dressage coach. A lovely big buck dressage horse...A girl can dream.

12 Comments:

Blogger WendyAs said...

I want a waterfront dressage barn too. Who is the pic of??? Lovely!

2:25 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Hi Wendy, I just found a cool website. DressageClinic.com. You pay a monthly fee and you can watch video lessons or watch instructors school horses. Very cool!

9:04 PM  
Blogger jac said...

Dreams are pleaent and wonderful but when you attain all that you dreamed... I wonder if you will be happy ???
Personnelly, I dont think so, as you will miss the hustle and bustle.

10:48 PM  
Blogger Susan Harris said...

Is "Miss Mucking About" a play on Judy MIller's nickname for herself, "Miss Run Amuck?" VERY clever. Or am I just seeing it through East Coast US eyes?

7:47 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Jac- I think it depends if you were happy to begin with. I don't believe I would be less happy, I would just have alot more fun!

8:33 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I too, would like a photo credit.
Name of rider? Name of horse? Location and date of show?

Please?

3:47 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Jenn and Wendy- I have no idea who this horse or rider are. I got the picture off of google images. I tried to go back and find it but I had no luck. The photo credit say miaouphotography. I checked the site but couldn't find the picture. Lots of other lovely shots though!

5:47 PM  
Blogger WendyAs said...

There is no doubt in my mind I would be happy with a waterfront dressage farm.

2:42 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Jenn do you ride?

9:13 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Am I a rider? Sort of, if it is like riding a bike...
I took english lessons as a kid.

My aunt is in the Boston area and rides regularly. She takes dressage lessons, and it's always interesting to talk with her.

Horse sports are so amazing. Always astounds me, the teamwork between the rider and the horse.

Me? I'm just a 'hack.' I'd love to have a cobby little horse to retire with and play with caveletti and teeny jumps and trail rides, but I'll never make it to college (dressage) - I'll leave those horses to the riders with more patience!

8:03 AM  
Blogger Becka said...

hello!

I'm the photographer on miaouphotography. I found you via my site tracker.

I do not know the name of the rider/horse combination, however she was part of the FEI Young Rider Team. This image was taken at the NNEP in Ottawa, Ontario during the Ottawa Dressage Festival 2004.

10:22 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Becka-Lovely shot! This horse and rider makes such a pretty picture.

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home