Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Ahh..Fall is in the Air and I love it!

Fall is my favorite season. I love the cooler weather and the shorter days. I think it comes from me being a comfort hound. A name my friend Wendy gave me years ago.

When I used to live on a farm, I loved getting the firewood stacked and the hay tucked in the barn ready for a long winter. Life is different now without my daily chores of cleaning the horses stalls and sweeping the alley way. Picking manure out of the paddocks and hauling water buckets around. I really miss that lifestyle. The hard work and the privacy acreage affords. Life changes though and now I still enjoy a woodshed full of firewood and cozy evenings playing canasta by the fire. Devouring garden books and magazines, planning changes for the spring garden is another favorite fall/winter pastime. I get some of my best ideas sitting on the window seat with a cuppa tea in hand gazing out at the garden.

I think it is the planning and dreaming I like the best about gardening. A close second is searching the nurseries for the treasures I'm seeking. Then the satisfaction of it all coming together as I had invisioned in my mind. I love gardening!

2 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

I've been looking at your stunning photographs. They really are beautiful.

I, too, love the feel of approaching Fall (or Autumn as we call it here). Cooler days and glorious colours on the deciduous trees.

Here (in Southeastern Australia) we are just coming into Spring. After several years of drought and severe water restrictions, we've had some good rain through the winter and hope for more in the next couple of months. All the blossom trees are flowering, as are the Spring bulbs.

8:24 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Welcome Alice, I love visiting your neck of the woods. It's nice seeing spring again.

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home