Saturday, July 09, 2005

Rainy Day blog reading

I came home early from work today because I was absolutely soaked from the rain. So I thought I would make a cuppa tea and read some other peoples garden blogs. I have discovered that most bloggers gardens I come across are really into perennial and annuals. I like flowers as much as next gardener but I love trees and shrubs the best. I would love to have a huge piece of property and plant a forest of cool trees and conifers. I like the structure, the permanence of trees and shrubs. They make my garden cozy!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love trees and shrubs, too. That's a good way to put it, that they make your garden cozy! I just wish I was better at planning where to put them because I feel I've made some mistakes. We have quite a few stumps from conifers and they never seem to rot.

5:19 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Everything I've learned about gardening I've learned from making mistakes. Usually more than once! When I put a garden in I always start with my trees first,then my shrubs and then my flowers. I try to make my garden 1/3 evergreens,1/3 deciduous,and 1/3flowers. I hired a chipper to remove stumps that we had. It's very effective.

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is a chipper a person or a machine?

We've been here for over 20 years and have no plans to move, so I won't have a chance to plan another garden. Ours just evolved when we found a shrub we liked, etc. But, you have some great ideas.

10:29 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

A man with a machine. I wasn't very clear on that!

12:05 PM  
Blogger Sylvana said...

trees and shrubs are so easy to forget when it comes to blogging, but I am very careful about the ones I pick out and I have a wishlist for them too!

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home