Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Garden tours are great for inspiration

Mrs. Wilson and I spent sunday on a garden tour. What a great way to spend the day. My friends garden was on the tour so we went there first and walk their garden with a cuppa tea in hand. The garden is seven years old now and is absolutely stunning. They recently added a beautiful pond. Karolyn's husband is very talented! He built the georgous garden shed/greenhouse. He also builds funky birdhouses complete with shake roofs and shingle siding. He even built a replica bird house of their house. Cool! Whenever I see their garden I get inspired.

So needless to say, the next day I went on a plant moving rampage! The kalmia(in full bloom) was one of my victims. He was planted next to a large freebie rhodo that happened to be red. I never knew what color it was when I planted it. The kalmia is burgundy and white. The color clash was hideous! In order to moved it I had to move around a dozen others. He is now planted in front of Cotinus'Grace'. Ahh, peace and somewhat order in my garden....now I really should move that pieris and maybe that.......

2 Comments:

Blogger Contrarian said...

Very nice garden.

Check out chazinc.blogspot.com for a good laugh. Be sure to read "Garbage Garments", posted June 8th.

Chaz out.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Thank you!

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home