Friday, June 17, 2005

Chores for next spring

I just finished my evening walk about and decided to jot down some chores I must perform next spring.
1.Cut side blooms on all the peonies
2.divide nepata,lollipop lillies,veronica,begenia,and give chunks to Mrs. Wilson,Glenda and Kathy
3.Be more diligent on slug patrol
4.Prune varigated dogwoods
5.Plant more lillies
6.Check all miscanthus for spread
7.Divide red dianthus too.
8.Move and plant hellebore seedlings and give some away
9.Plant a funky fern garden by gunnera
10.Try to avoid all nurseries,garden centers,Canadian Tire,Walmart or any grocery store the sells plants!

7 Comments:

Blogger The Nature Nut said...

Ditto for me on #10 - that is too funny. This season, I promised not to buy new plants ... now I have to sneak them into the garden. My hubby thinks I'm obsessed - he's right.

4:22 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

What is it about plants! I can be pretty frugal or just plain cheap about somethings. For some reason though plants are different. I bought a Betula Pendula'Trosts Dwarf' yesterday. I was doing so well until the nursery that was carrying them had one left. I panicked and just had to have it. There is no more room in the garden but I thought it would look lovely in a container. Just what I need, another container to keep watered this summer!

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sandy.....You are getting addicted to blogging.
Gord

9:16 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

I love you too little brother.

10:07 PM  
Blogger crazygramma said...

My other half thinks I have an incredible green thumb since these plants just seem to appear from nowhere. All evidence of pre-started plants such as receipts from Walmart,Canadian Tire of Art Knapp nursuries and empty pots will not be spotted in or around the house.

7:28 PM  
Blogger crazygramma said...

My other half thinks I have an incredible green thumb since these plants just seem to appear from nowhere. All evidence of pre-started plants such as receipts from Walmart,Canadian Tire of Art Knapp nursuries and empty pots will not be spotted in or around the house.

7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, I'm not the only one that has a plant obsession. I've also been told not to get any more plants, but so many new and different plants keep showing up that I have to get them. Luckily I have a half acre sneak them in.

5:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home